XBRLizer+ The XBRL report editor
Reporting Estándar has developed the easiest- to- use XBRL report editor in the market which keeps the user away from the complexity of XBRL. But XBRLizer+ is something more than a XBRL information editor, it is a complete solution for users who demand more from and XBRL tool.
Basically, XBRLizer+ works as a spreadsheet where, clicking on a cell, provides automatically all the necessary information, that is, company’s name, reporting period, associated dimensions , measurement units or currency. All these data can be edited and changed later manually, or the tool will be prompt the user in the case the value is not automatically detected.
Main features of XBRLizer
Multilingual: Users can select their language preference. Text labels will be shown following that selection. Additionally, users can select multiple languages, and their preference order so, if a text label is not available in the mail language selected, the software automatically searches for an available label in the next language indicated in the list. XBRLizer+ is the only XBRL software in the market that offers such functionality.
Multiple content: If the XBRL report contains data for more than one form, users can select which form will contain which data.
Multiple ways of displaying information: Regular, Multidimensional, Form and iXBRL view:
- In regular view all facts within the report are displayed without taking in consideration it’s dimensional aspects.
- If a taxonomy contains XBRL dimensions, informs can be viewed as a one dimension or as a multidimensional table. In multidimensional view, users can rearrange dimensions in order to set the report according to their needs.
- The form view is available for those reports whose taxonomy makes use of the TABLE 1.0 specification
- If the XBRLreport comes in iXBRL format, the iXBRL view will render the information like a browser will do , adding additional XBRL information.
XBRLizer+ menu functionalities: XBRLizer+ incorporates improvements aimed to assist final users:
- Menu Open, recognizes iXBRL files (XBRL embedded in XHTML).
- Menu Open, contains more taxonomies in its catalog. The taxonomies catalog accelerates loading of XBRL reports, and provides a simplified way, for the end user, to access the content of the taxonomy.
- Menu Change DTS, allows modification of the main reports that have been chosen from the taxonomy.
- Menu Create XBRL Report, allows creating a report fo the taxonomy in use, by manually keying in the data.
- Menu Create XBRL Report, allows the automatic execution of an XBRL Report Template, and the loading of the data from the sources indicated in the template (Excel, Relational databases, CSV files, Other XBRL reports, etc).
- Menu Add Elements to XBRL Report, allows adding of a XBRL report to the one being used.
- Menu Save XBRL Report launches the execution of the XBRL 2.1 Validator and saves the report in the local disk.
- Menu Print, generates printings of the current content on the screen.
- Menu Export generates an Excel spreadsheet, HTML web page or iXBRL document with the current content on the screen.
- Menu Save as Template for Mapping, allows saving current XBRL Report as a Template ready to be used.
Quick editing from GUI
- Change between decimals and precision with a simple click.
- means precision.
- means decimals.
- Drag and drop the triangle to the right or to the left in order to indicate the amount of significant digits.
- Chick on the triangle to change between decimals and precision
- Change the units by right clicking on the unit.
- See, through icons, the time frame of the elements in the report.
- Begining of period instant
- End of period instant
- Right click on the elements in the presentation tree to create new tuple instances, or to create elements in the substitution group of other abstract elements.
- Displays additional information about the elements when the mouse goes over them.
- Allows editing of the context, by double clicking the color rectangle on top of the period type icon.
- Allows the editing of all element dimensions, and the related values for the dimensions in the report
Capabilities of XBRLizer+
- This tool allows the possibility of generating XBRL reports manually, typing the information to be reported, or importing information from other data sources through a system of templates
- It allows the creation and edition of XBRL reports using an intuitive and easy to use graphical interface.
- The interface of the XBRLizer+ is very friendly, the report information is organized as the reports designed by the regulator entity and allows to make calculations and comparations over multiple periods.
- Create, open, modify, save, print and export XBRL reports to Excel.
- Allows quick creation of XBRL reports based on the content of the presentation structures defined in the taxonomy.
- Read the XBRL taxonomies located on your computer’s hard drive, from its location on an Internet server or from the taxonomy catalog, and generates forms dynamically.
- Works with all present and future taxonomies as long as they comply with XBRL 2.1 specification. It is a tool that works with the XBRL standard. Not a tool for a specific form or taxonomy.
- Availability of several processors, all of them configurable:
- XBRL 2.1 Core Processor
- Dimesions 1.0 Processor
- Formula 1.0 Processor
- Table 1.0 Processor
- UTR Validator
- Edgar Filer Manual
- CHTQ Taxonomy quality validator
- ESEF Reporting Manual
- EBA XBRL Filling Rules
- Validation of XBRL reports content while it is being edited. This feature helps the user in the creation of better quality reports by allowing them to check the calculation inconsistencies when entering data into the report. The dimensions of the new elements are also validated.
- Two validation modes: real time validation or validation on demand.
- List of messages with the result of validation. Highlighted cells in GUI when any message from the list is clicked.
- Export of validation report to Excel
XBRLizer+ installs an Excel plugin for mapping XBRL to Excel simplifying the task of XBRL reports generation.
The plugin allows reading templates generated by the XBRLizer+ and, by using drag and drop, select the cells that will contain the data in the final XBRL report.
- The XBRL Mapper reports for financial users is a sophisticated tool which allows to transfer data from information systems to XBRL reports and from XBRL reports to other systems.
- The XBRL Mapper data is a tool which is incorporated as an Excel complement, allowing for the creation of Excel templates that can be useful as “templates” to collect financial data to report that could be transform automatically in XBRL reports without deep XBRL knowledge by the final user.
- The RS-XBRLizer tool and the Mapper incorporated in the same one, is intuitive use and require few hours of training by the client for the optimal use of the tool.
- Users can access to updated taxonomies from the tool, since it has a permanent online catalogue, which compiles continuously the corresponding updates and new taxonomies published.
- The tool has automatic formulation of the reports that build the taxonomy, allowing for specific assessment of financial statements sections, this formulation also is part of templates that are exported to Excel, which avoid inconsistencies among defined formulas in the taxonomy and the specific financial formulation of the company.
Therefore with RS-XBRLIZER+ the preparation of templates in Excel format can be personalized according to following parameters:
- Entity to report (Supervisor or specific Organism)
- Applicable taxonomy
- Specific financial information of client
- Reporting period.
If you want a more detailed explanation, please take a look of how to prepare reports with mapper from excel templates.
XBRLizer+ allows to visualize all the details of the concepts used in the instance, like:
- List of concpets and resources present in the taxonomy
- XML view, with deatiled properties and values, of the concepts and resources from the loaded taxonomy
- All different labels associated to each concept.
- Presentation structures, main and subordinated elements.
- Calculation structures, dependent and/or contributor elements.
Additionally, XBRLizer+ provides two interesting features for taxonomy analysts:
- The DTS panel, which shows a detailed map of the taxonomy architecture, as well as the relationship among the files that make the taxonomy.
- The Whiteboard. An usefull drag an drop tool which can be use to reveal the different relationships among the concepts and resources of the taxonomy been analyzed.