TeamTax is a tool that allows you two things: Collaborative development of XBRL Taxonomies and sharing the know-how about how the industry should use the taxonomy.
This is provided by integrating two things in a single product:
- A web viewer of the taxonomy content.
- Bugzilla, as a tool to store comments related to every particular taxonomy concept.
Most specifically, the list of features of this tool are:
- Review the content of each concept definition. The user will have access to the properties defined in the DTS
- Comments can be stored at concept level in the DTS
- The system send automatically emails to the taxonomy owners or interested people in reviewing each taxonomy concept
- The system maintains all comments in a database
- It is possible to build reports based on the comments received, individually and globally.
- Teams developing new releases of the taxonomy would incorporate the changes based on this comments
- Taxonomy users can see documentation about how to use each particular concept