Installation on Windows
Starting with version 2.8.1 reporting standard added support for 64 bits and split the installers in two sets:
- RS_XBRL_Setup_X.Y.Z-x64 this is the installer on 64 bit windows platforms.
- RS_XBRL_Setup_X.Y.Z-x86 this is the installer on 32 bit windows platforms.
X Y and Z are the major version numbers. X and Y change only when new architectural design is implemented or when Z reaches a big number so it is worth adding one to the Y number because of accumulated minor changes.
Every compilation unit incorporates a compilation number NNNN. The compilation number is added to the end of the version number.
The compilation number allows us to differentiate software versions that are in the queue of the development team.
Starting with version 2.6.12 there are two installers:
- RS_XBRL_Setup_2.6.12.exe: This is the installer if you:
- already have Office 2007 installed on your system (not Office 2010 and not Office 2003)
- already have Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 (most computers already have it)
- you want to install the XBRL mapper and Excel Add-in
- you want to install the Excel formulas for obtaining data from the XBRL Database
- RS_XBRL_Setup_2.6.12.msi: This is the base installer. This installer installs all packages from previous package (the exe installer) but if the requirements are not met this installer will not install the components that cannot be installed. This is the installer is you:
- don't have Office 2007. The Excel Add-in for XBRL Mapper will not be installed, the Excel formulas for obtaining data from the XBRL Database may not be installed.
The package and all its components can be eliminated using add-remove programs in the control panel.
After installing the package, use the License Manager to either install your license key or request a license key.