Reporting Standard – Specialized en XBRL
About us? Reporting Standard is an XBRL software company dedicated, mainly, to three activities:
- Computer consulting specialized in XBRL.
- Creation of XBRL software.
- Technical development of the XBRL standard internationally.
Ignacio Hernández-Ros is founding partner and CTO of Reporting Standard. Previously, he used to work for the XBRL International Consortium as IT Headquarter. Ignacio, in fact, has developed his professional career in prestigious consulting firms such as Accenture, PriceWaterhouseCoopers or Software AG; where he managed the XBRL bussines unit internationally. He has been, in addition, a member of European Committes, such as CESR (Committee of European Securities Regulators) and CEBS (Commitee of European Banking Supervisors), where he participated as XBRL technology expert.
Reporting Standard has trained, both Financial Markets Regulators and companies, in the use of XBRL standard. In commercial matters, besides, Reporting Standard has distributed its XBRL software products and services among a wide range of clients, which it is carry on growing in all of the countries where XBRL is used.
XBRL standard – Objectives and priorities
During its first two years, Reporting Standard had focused exclusively on the technical development of the XBRL standard funded by XBRL International Consortium. Right now, the key objective of the company is the XBRL standard expansion of the use and understanding in the public and private sectors nationally and internationally.
Reporting Standard priorities are:
- Spread knowledge about XBRL standard:
- For this, we give training courses regularly.
- Contribute to a better XBRL standard definition:
- We participated in XBRL Internacional working groups.
- Help efficiently to the XBRL information flow among those who need to exchange reports, either in the public or private sector.
- That is, we elaborated the best XBRL software in market.
Participation to XBRL standard
Some of Reporting Standard participations to XBRL standard definition have been:
- Dimensions Specification 1.0 (XDT)
- XBRL Infoset
- XBRL formula processor using XQuery 1.0
- Initial Versioning XBRL Specification
XBRL International Consortium has published the XBRL Technical Roadmap, in which the contributions of Reporting Standard help the maturity of XBRL definition.